If you're looking for all the fun details to Embark.org's Instagram Adventure Contest (Dec. 1 - 15, 2015), you've come to the right place. Check out our official Terms and Conditions below, then start sharing your most inspiring outdoor images on Instagram with the hashtag #EmbarkAdventure.
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
3. The Promoter is Embark.org LLC, a Delaware Limited Liability Company operating in the United States (‘Promoter').
Who can enter
1. Entry is open to individuals over the age of 18, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below.
2. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, and associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
1. To participate, entrants must include the hashtag #EmbarkAdventure on any photo that they own in their Instagram account, as well as tag @embarkorg and the following contest partners in the included text or on the picture itself: @Cotopaxi, @ENOhammocks, and @discrete.
2. Photos must be considered adventurous and take place in the outdoors. Examples include hiking, surfing, skydiving, climbing, skiing, camping, off-roading, and other activities that fall in line with these examples. At the end of the initial contest period, the Embark.org team will choose ten photos using this criteria from the pool of submission to be finalists. See "contest duration" below for a breakdown of the contest period.
3. During the second and final contest period, Embark.org will post the ten finalists on their official Instagram account and will award the grand prize to the image that receives the most "likes" during the final contest period.
4. Limit five tagged Instagram posts per Instagram account during the contest period. Any posts tagged in addition will be declared ineligible.
1. The contest period will be broken into two sections. The initial contest period will begin at 12:01 am EST on December 1st, 2015, and end at 11:59 pm EST on December 7th, 2015. Any submissions outside of this timeframe will not be accepted.
2. The second and final contest period will begin as soon as the first finalist is posted on December 8th and end at 11:59pm EST on December 14th, 2015. Embark.org will post the 10 finalists on their Instagram account during the first two days of this period, allowing the final 5 days to serve as a a voting period where each "like" serves as a vote. At the end of this contest period, the winner with the most "likes" will be the grand prize winner and will be notified within a week via being tagged in an Instagram post.
Contest prizes and awarding of prizes
1. A single grand prize will be awarded to the contest winner. The grand prize is constituted by the following items.
1a. One Cotopaxi Sumaco 22L backpack (http://www.cotopaxi.com/products/sumaco-22l-flap-pack)
1b. Travel credit on Embark.org for one tour up to $100. If the chosen tour exceeds $100, Embark.org will reimburse the grand prize winner $100 toward the cost of the tour. If the tour chosen is less than $100, Embark.org will cover the cost in full. Not redeemable outside of a single tour booking on Embark.org.
1c. One ENO CamoNest hammock and straps. (https://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/product/CAMONEST.html)
1d. A Discrete gift card totalling $100.
2. Once a contest winner is declared, all prizes will be sent by their respective companies to the address provided by the contest winner. Prizes cannot be transferred or refunded. Please see the policies of participating partners for more information on each particular prize.
2a. Embark.org will cover 100% of shipping costs to contest winners located in the United States or Canada. Contest winners residing outside of the United States or Canada will be required to pay any shipping costs over $25. If a contest winner outside of the Unites States or Canada is unwilling or unable to cover these costs, the prizes will be awarded to the runner up.
Further Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
2. The Promoter and their associated sponsors, agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking use of any prize won or connection with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
3. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
4. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to Delaware Law. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to request winner to sign a winner's deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to re-judge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
7. The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of the cash prize, cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility if the prize is not delivered.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
1. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. The Promoter and its related entities collect entrants' personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner).
2. In participating in the prize, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winner (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.