Zrmanja and Krupa are among the most beautiful rivers in Europe: perfectly clear warm water, spectacular canyon with magnificent waterfalls. They are easy and safe enough for beginner canoeists but their scenery makes them also very exciting. You will see many fish and birds and explore typical karst phenomenon – living travertine waterfalls. The trip begins in Kastel Zegarski, only one hour drive from Zadar. You will quickly learn how to handle sit-on-top kayaks as you slowly enter the canyon. After the first hour of paddling down easy rapids you will – if time and weather permit – visit beautiful Krupa waterfalls and swim under them. More waterfalls and rapids wait for you as you continue down Zrmanja towards Muskovci where the trip ends. At the end of the trip optionally you can enjoy refreshments at a nearby restaurant or take a picnic on your own.
Every day from June to September; weekends from April to October.
Other dates on request.
- First rate equipment, newly bought and custom made
- All necessary equipment provided: two person sit on top kayaks, life jacket and a paddle, neoprene suit and a rain jacket in case of cold weather, dry bag for your personal items
- Highly motivated and licensed professional guides that are fluent in English and have first aid certificate
- SAFETY COMES FIRST! All guides have been trained to perform all outdoor activities professionally
- necessary equipment
- Park of Nature entrance fee
- local transfer (from the finish line to the start point)
- Transfer (from your accommodation to the start point)
No previous kayaking experience is needed and even children from 6 years of age, accompanied by parents, can participate. We use two-person sit-on-top kayaks which are easy and safe to navigate. You will get a life jacket , a helmet and a paddle, plus long neoprene suit and a rain jacket in case of cold weather. Waterproof containers are available for personal items (camera drinks, etc.). Don’t forget to bring shorts or a bathing suit, a T-shirt, water shoes, a towel, sun cream and water. In case of colder weather take a long-sleeved shirt.
Full refund 14 days prior to tour.
09:45 - arrival to destination – Kastel Zegarski village
09:50 - preparing for the trip and safety instructions provided by the trip leader
10:00 - starting the trip
12:00 - picnic break at big Krupa waterfall
12:30 - continuing down the river Zrmanja
15:00 - finishing up the trip at Muskovci village
15:30 - departure
Request to book
Send a message to Raftrek Adventure Travel. Be sure you share the following:
Tell your host a little about yourself
What brings you to Kaštel Žegarski? Who's joining you?