• Enjoy exhilarating class 3-4 rapids on the Holy Ganga.
• Experience the richness of Hindu culture as you encounter sights and sounds of a holy pilgrimage area.
• Relax, bodysurf, swim, take photos or spot wildlife as we float down the river.
• Sleep on the pristine, silver sand beaches of the Ganga River.
Season: Sept 15-June 30
Our Founder/Director, and Chief River Guide, Anvesh Singh Thapa, has been rafting and kayaking throughout the world for the past 19 years, making him one of the most skilled and experienced river guides in India today. Anvesh has led numerous expedition-style trips, including opening the first commercial river trips on the Brahmaputra (post 2001 flood), Lohit, Kameng, and Saryu. He has also led expeditions internationally and is well-versed with the level of difficulty and excitement on rivers such as the Kaituna and Wairoa (New Zealand), Blue Nile (Ethiopia), Colorado, Green, and Salmon Rivers (USA) and the Stranda and Rundal (Norway). Anvesh is currently an instructor for the National Outdoor Leadership School, and is a certified Whitewater Rescue Technician-Advance (Rescue 3 International), Wilderness First Responder (Wilderness Medicine Institute, USA), and a Skills Active Senior National Raft Guide Grade IV/V (NZ). His passion and energy flow through every trip he guides.
- Transfer from Rishikesh to the starting point, sightseeing and activities as noted in the itinerary, accommodation in hotel/inns/camping in villages, rafting and camping fees, and all arrangements in the field, including camp meals, cook staff and group gear.
- Costs include rafting equipment – life jacket, helmet, wet suit, raft guide, safety kayaker; we have unmatched top of the line self-bailing rafts and accessories used by professionals globally.
- Also included in the cost is expert leadership. With the country's most experienced guiding team, we assure the first-timer and even the non-swimmer a trip of a lifetime.
- Airfare/train/surface, expenses of personal nature (sodas, alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, laundry, etc.) insurance (we strongly recommend you purchase the supplementary trip insurance which includes trip cancellation insurance), etc.
- Cost also excludes any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions or any other circumstances beyond our control.
Full refund 7 days prior to tour.
Day 01: Drive 90km from Rishikesh to Baghwan in the morning. After a comprehensive safety briefing and packing the bags on the raft, we head out on the water. We start the trip on the Alaknanda River as it enters the last canyon stretch with good whitewater, featuring rapids such as 'Baghwan's Pillow', 'The Deadly Duos' and more, until we reach Devprayag. It is a mild section from here until the campsite with a few rapids where you can body surf, swim, relax and spot wildlife.
Day 02: An easy day with small rapids. Great day to relax, soak in the sun, bodysurf and bird-watch. Raft time is approximately 35 kms to Kaudiyala. Set up camp for the night on a beach at Kaudiyala.
Day 03: Raft down adrenaline pumping rapids like 'Daniel's Dip', 'The Wall', 'Three Blind Mice', 'Crossfire', 'Bodysurfing', 'Return to Sender', 'Roller Coaster', 'Golf Course', and lots of smaller ones too. We stop to have lunch and then continue to encounter the big rapids on the Ganga. We end the trip just before the famous Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh.
Request to book
Send a message to Expeditions India. Be sure you share the following: